- While making brinjal curry or stir fry sprinkle few gram flour, it tastes well yummy.
- While cutting beetroot fingers get the red colour stain to avoid that pressure cook the beetroot with skin after that remove the skin and also easy to cut.
- To clean inside the microwave oven, take a glass bowl, add half lemon piece juice and heat for 2 mins then clean the oven it removes stains well and looks clean and bright.
- To remove oil stain in gas stove and the tiles, use a dry cloth and clean roughly, then in warm water, add washing soda mix it and clean the place it looks bright and clean
- While grinding the Vada batter if you feels the batter is watery then add 1 tbsp ghee, it absorbs the water.
- For soft idly, use ice cube while grinding urad dal it gives more batter and soft.
- Put a piece of coconut into the curd to avoid sour.
- To maintain greenish color while cooking green leaf, add a tsp of oil on it.
- How long can you keep eggs without spoiling?Ans: 20-30 days How? Simple, Top of the egg brush few drops of cooking oil.
- If your briyani or any masala rice burned and leaves smoky smell, no problem place 1 -2 slice of bread on it, it will absorb all the burned smell.
- When placing biscuits stuffed in snack box, drop tissue paper along with the biscuits. It lasts for long days.
- Easy to clean oil stain from the cooked pot drop an ice cube.
- To make soft chappati, use hot water to make dough and also add a little milk.
- While making poori add a tsp of sugar to the dough mixture it help to keep puffy long time.
- After finish cooking rasam, sambar and keerai masiyal add a pinch of asafoetida powder, it smells good (flavourful).
- While grinding coriander or mint chutney avoid water and add a tbsp of curd it taste yummy.
- Use the dal water for making rasam. It taste good.
- Freeze the meet sometimes before cutting, it helps for easy cutting.
- Toast Dry nuts, rava and dal before cooking, it gives nice flavour.
- To prevent burning use heavy bottom container to make Upma, Kheer etc...
- For crispier Puri, add a little Rava to the flour while kneading.
- Tomato skin can be easily peeled by placing tomatoes in hot water for 5-7 minutes and peel the skin.
- Ginger garlic past can be preserved by using small technique, before grinding fry them in oil and store the past in the same oil.
- If you forget to soak chana overnight, don’t worry take some boiling water pour them in hotbox, put the chana, close the lid and wait for 1 hour. Ready to cook.
- To avoid sticking milk in the vessel, add a little water at the base of the vessel.
- Keep a green leafy vegetable garden-fresh for a long time you must cover them in a newspaper and place them in vegetable tray.
My Mom's Cooking Tips
* While making brinjal curry or stir fry sprinkle few gram flour, it tastes well yummy... For soft idly, use ice cube.... . NEW
Written By south-indian-samayal-recipes on 23 Mar 2016 | 3:41 pm
Ingredients Seeraga samba Rice – 1 cup Bottle Gourd/Sorakkai – 1 cup chopped Onion – 1 chopped Tomato small – 1 chopped Green Chi...
Ingredients Plantain -2 chopped Tamarind juice – 1/2 cup Small Onion – 10 Garlic - 6 Tomato - 1 Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp Cor...
Ingredients Boneless Chicken – 1/2 kg (clean n washed) Rice flour - 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp Curd - 1 tbsp Chilli Po...